Position: Apprentice Service Technician
Field of activity: Service/Customer Service
Location / region: Brisbane
One of the world’s largest manufacturers of compressors, blowers and compressed air systems, Kaeser Compressors employs over 7,000 people worldwide. Established over 100 years ago in Germany, Kaeser Compressors remains a family owned and operated business, that today is represented throughout the world by a comprehensive network of branches, subsidiaries and authorised distribution partners.
Kaeser Compressors Australia has been serving Australia, New Caledonia and the Pacific region since 1990. Our head office is based in Melbourne, and we have Sales & Service Centres in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Mackay and Tasmania. In our everyday work we live by the principles of mutual respect and teamwork - that’s why you’ll find so many of our employees have been a part of the Kaeser family now for 10, 20 and even 30 years!
Kick-start your new career with a prestigious brand - Kaeser Compressors!
Apprentice Service Technician - Mackay
We are looking for an energetic self-motivated person with good mechanical aptitude to undertake an apprenticeship to become a Field Service Technician based in Mackay, QLD.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Certificate III Mechanical Engineering – Mechanical Trade (or similar alternative) attending TAFE one day per week for three years of the four year apprenticeship.
In return, you will be exposed to and supported with:
- Comprehensive OEM supported training in compressed air systems and associated equipment
- Preventative and predictive maintenance of fixed and mobile equipment
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, and providing recommendations and advice for improved reliability
- Workshop and Field Service, visiting a variety of Kaeser customers in a variety of industries
- Dealing with customers in a variety of situations
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
- A genuine desire to become a qualified engineering tradesperson
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Self-motivation with a positive work ethic
- Commitment to on and off the job training
- A willingness to learn and work within a team environment
- Strong commitment to EHS
- Driving license required
This is an exceptional opportunity to obtain your trade qualification through a highly reputable global employer whilst earning above industry award wages.
Are you interested in applying for this position? We look forward to receiving your application!
Simply click 'Apply online' below to fill in our online application form for this position.
Please note: To apply for this position you must be a permanent resident of Australia. A police check and pre-employment medical will be required.