Position: Sales Engineer
Field of activity: Sales
Location / region: Brisbane
Kaeser is one of the world's leading providers of quality compressors and compressed air technology products, employing approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
Kaeser Compressors Australia has been serving the Australian, New Caledonian and Pacific region since 1990 with a dedicated team of employees situated across the region, from our head office in Melbourne to our Sales & Service Centres in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Mackay and Tasmania.
Capital Equipment Sales Engineer - Brisbane
- Join a global market leader
- Grow market share with a premium ‘Made in Germany’ product range
- Permanent, full time position
Like gas, water and electricity, compressed air is an essential utility that almost every corner of industry relies upon every day. When you join KAESER Compressors, that means that no two days will ever look the same. One day you might be helping a customer meet their compressed air requirements in the collision repair industry, and the next day it could be a large food manufacturer.
We’re currently looking for an experienced, customer-centric and goals orientated sales professional to join our capital equipment sales team. Based in Brisbane, and reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving the market share of an industry leading product range throughout the state.
One of the world’s largest manufacturers of compressors, blowers and compressed air systems, Kaeser Compressors employs over 7,000 people worldwide. Established over 100 years ago in Germany, Kaeser Compressors remains a family owned and operated business, that today is represented throughout the world by a comprehensive network of branches, subsidiaries and authorised distribution partners.
Kaeser Compressors Australia has been serving Australia, New Caledonia and the Pacific region since 1990. Our head office is based in Melbourne, and we have Sales & Service Centres in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Mackay and Tasmania. In our everyday work we live by the principles of mutual respect and teamwork - that’s why you’ll find so many of our employees have been a part of the Kaeser family now for 10, 20 and even 30 years!
More about the role
We are looking for a solutions driven salesperson that fully understands and has solid experience of the complete sales cycle from; planning, strategy and implementation through to territory management.
Familiarity with capital equipment sales, or specifically compressor experience, would be an advantage.
The selected candidate will:
- Sell compressed air, vacuum and blower equipment and services to potential and current customers in defined sales territory.
- Strive to meet all sales goals and advance Kaeser’s sales strategy within assigned territory.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and technical expertise necessary to design and sell Kaeser systems to industrial and commercial customers.
- Obtain and manage relationships with sub-distributors, OEM’s, engineering firms and mechanical contractors.
- Prepare proposals for customers to include quotations, product literature, system design details, and performance specifications.
- Tailor proposals to the business and application needs of the customer.
The successful candidate’s background will include:
- Minimum 3 years outside sales/territory management experience, preferably in capital equipment
- Good communication skills/phone skills (required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- SAP experience (preferred)
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license (required)
This is a challenging role which will require the right candidate to work autonomously in the field and achieve sales targets.
We offer a competitive salary/commission program, sales bonuses, a company vehicle as well as all equipment required for the position.
If you want to develop your career with a market leader, join a global team of over 7,000 and deliver premium compressed air solutions to a diverse range of industry sectors, then don’t delay - apply today!
Are you interested in applying for this position? We look forward to receiving your application!
Simply click 'Apply online' below to fill in our online application form for this position.
Please note: To apply for this position you must be a permanent resident of Australia. A police check and pre-employment medical will be required.